Pages

Tuesday 19 February 2013

Snow White

Winter is hard upon us in Southern Ontario, and I'm in the thick of it.
Yes, I do this every day

Sometimes they wait a while to plow the cul-de-sac (actually it's more of a knee-bend).  The OEM tires on the Townie were wide, which was terrible in the snow.  They sank a deep groove, which made for a lot of work getting through.  Narrow tires cut down through the snow, so it's less effort.  My snow tires are kind of half-way between the wide and narrow.  I went to the bike store with the page in Cycling Magazine Canada, and they phoned Continental to ask about my first choice.  Those were out of stock for an anticipated three months.  I took the Schwalbe as the alternate.  They have a knobby tread which works well going uphill through slush, and studs for the ice.  They aren't very good in loose pack such as it gets when the road hasn't been plowed and cars have made a few tracks.  


Cul-de-sac isn't plowed until later in the day



No comments:

Post a Comment